Note: Quick Sync accelerated encoding is only supported on the following Wowza® software versions:
- Wowza Streaming Engine™ 4.0 or later
- Wowza Media Server® version 3.5.0 or later
Windows-based server specifications2nd-generation Intel Core processors with Intel HD Graphics 3000/2000 or later
Linux-based server specifications
- Xeon processor E3-1200 v3 product family
- 4th-generation Intel Core processor-based platforms with Intel Iris Pro and Intel HD Graphics
- IMPORTANT: To get the Intel HD 3xxx/4xxx drivers to install properly on Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (x64), you may need to install the following features using the Add Features Wizard in Server Manager:
- .NET Framework 3.5.1
- Desktop Experience
- On more recent Windows operating systems, Intel Quick Sync acceleration may not be available when running Wowza® server software as a system service due to a security measure called Session 0 Isolation. To learn how to workaround this issue, see How to enable hardware accelerated transcoding when running as a Windows service.
- Wowza Transcoder AddOn also supports accelerated encoding using NVIDIA graphics cards. For more information, see Server specifications for NVIDIA NVENC and NVIDIA CUDA acceleration with Wowza Transcoder AddOn.
- Click here, if you are having problems or would like to discuss this article.
- Leave a comment below, if there is some aspect of this article you would like to see changed or improved.