Note: Wowza Streaming Engine™ 4.0.4 or later is required.
Windows-based server specificationsThe following processor models are supported:
- 2nd-generation Intel Core processors with Intel HD Graphics 3000/2000 or later
- IMPORTANT: To get Intel HD 3xxx/4xxx drivers to install properly on Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (x64), you may need to install the following features using the Add Features Wizard in Server Manager:
- .NET Framework 3.5.1
- Desktop Experience
- On newer Windows operating systems, Intel Quick Sync acceleration may not be available when running Wowza® media server software as a system service due to a security measure called Session 0 Isolation. To learn how to workaround this issue, see How to enable hardware accelerated transcoding when running as a Windows service.
Linux-based server specificationsThe following processor models are supported:
- Intel Xeon Processor E3-1285 v3 and E3-1285L v3 (Intel C226 Chipset) with Intel HD Graphics P4700
- 4th Generation Intel Core Processors with Intel Iris Pro Graphics, Intel Iris Graphics or Intel HD Graphics 4200+ Series
- Intel Xeon processors are only supported with the chipsets listed. Intel Xeon configurations with other chipsets are not supported. Previous generations of Intel Core processors are not supported. Intel Celeron and Intel Atom processors are also not supported.
- For instructions on how to configure Wowza Transcoder to take advantage of the Intel Quick Sync hardware acceleration on Linux 64-bit operating system distributions, see How to configure Quick Sync accelerated encoding on Linux.
- Wowza Transcoder also supports accelerated encoding using NVIDIA graphics cards. For more information, see Server specifications for NVIDIA NVENC and NVIDIA CUDA acceleration with Wowza Transcoder.
Originally Published: 10-07-2011.
Updated: For Wowza Streaming Engine 4.0.4 on 07-02-2014.
If you're having problems or want to discuss this article, post in our forum.
If this article has an error or needs improvement, leave a comment below.