This tool requires:
- Apple ID
- Apple iPhone Developer Account
- Apple Mac OS
- Go to http://connect.apple.com and login using your developer credentials
- Uncheck all the categories except for the iOS category
- Download and install the HTTP Live Streaming Tools package
- You will also need Wowza Media Server installed
Once you have it installed you can run the tool with the command:
video on demand: mediastreamvalidator [playlist-url] live: mediastreamvalidator --timeout=60 [playlist-url]
video on demand: mediastreamvalidator http://mycompany.com:1935/vod/mp4:sample.mp4/playlist.m3u8 live: mediastreamvalidator --timeout=60 http://mycompany.com:1935/live/myStream/playlist.m3u8
[code]mediastreamvalidator validate [playlist-url]
The following is a link to an article that describes the various error and warning messages that can be reported by the mediastreamvalidator: http://developer.apple.com/library/i...35/_index.html
- Click here, if you are having problems or would like to discuss this article.
- Leave a comment below, if there is some aspect of this article you would like to see changed or improved.