Welcome to the Wowza Support Articles and Forums! This site is designed to help you get up-and-running and to find solutions to many common issues with tutorials, forums for media server topics, troubleshooting tips, and error messages.
WOWZA SUPPORT RESOURCES
Wowza® Media Systems offers a variety of support resources for our user community.
Wowza tutorials, documentation, and forums
Under the Articles
tab, you'll find many guides, tutorials, and code samples
to help you configure and use Wowza Streaming Engine™ software to its fullest potential. Articles are organized by category to make the information easy to find. See the Article List
for a complete list of all the Support Articles.
Under the Forum
tab, you can get help from Wowza Streaming Engine experts around the world
. Search for an answer, post your question, or answer other users' questions in the Wowza Forums.
The Wowza Streaming Engine Quick Start Guides
are a set of very short and quick tutorials
to get you started with your Wowza media server software.
Wowza technical support
Starting with the release of Wowza Streaming Engine™ 4.0, Wowza® introduced Maintenance and Support contracts
to provide world-class service and support to its customers. Maintenance and support contracts entitle you to a number of benefits, including no-charge full version upgrades (for example, from Wowza Media Server® 3 to Wowza Streaming Engine 4), dot/point-release updates (for example, from Wowza Streaming Engine 4.0 to 4.x), and email technical support. License holders can create an account on Wowza.com and log in
to their Account Management
page to find available updates on the My Downloads
tab. You can enter your contacts for technical support on the My Support
For Wowza email support requests, be sure to provide the following information with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
. To find this information, click the Server
tab in Wowza Streaming Engine Manager, and then click About
in the contents pane.
Other resources for support for Wowza streaming software
- Wowza Streaming Engine version and build number
- Last four digits of license key
- Platform, operating system, and Java version on which Wowza Streaming Engine is running
- Detailed problem description that includes:
- URL of tutorial or instructions being used
- Player technology being used (Adobe Flash, Microsoft Silverlight, iOS device, set-top box, etc.)
- Live encoder/IP camera manufacturer/version and exact encoding settings (live streaming only)
- Send a compressed (zipped) folder that includes the [install-dir]/logs, [install-dir]/conf, and [install-dir]/transcoder folders from your Wowza Streaming Engine installation. See How to create a compressed zip file in Windows, OS X, and Linux for instructions to create a ZIP file.
Under the Find a Consultant
tab, you can ask for paid help by posting your requirements, budget, and timescales for custom development or other specific work. Independent consultants can then provide feedback or private quotes along with contact information if they're interested in your job.
Try Wowza Streaming Engine software for free!
Get started by downloading and installing Wowza Streaming Engine
with a FREE Trial Edition license