Our Wowza Support site is designed to help you find resources to get up-and-running and to find solutions to many common issues by providing tutorials, streaming forums, troubleshooting tips, and error messages.
WOWZA SUPPORT RESOURCES
Wowza® Media Systems offers a variety of support resources for our user community.
The Article List
on the left is our technical library of Support Articles to help you configure and use Wowza Streaming Engine™ software to its fullest potential. The Support Articles are organized by category to help make the information easy to find. For a complete list of all the available Support Articles, see the List of All Articles
The Wowza Streaming Engine Quick Start Guides
can help get you get started with your Wowza media server software software while the Tutorials
section has articles that provide step-by-step guidance for setting up common streaming workflows.
On the Forum
tab, you can get help from Wowza Streaming Engine experts around the world. Search for an answer, post your question, or answer other users' questions in the Wowza Forums.
Wowza Technical Support
With the release of Wowza Streaming Engine media server software, Wowza Media Systems introduced Maintenance and Support contracts
to provide you with world-class service and support. Maintenance and Support contracts entitle you to a number of benefits, including no-charge full version upgrades (for example, from Wowza Media Server® 3 to Wowza Streaming Engine™ 4), dot/point-release updates (for example, from Wowza Streaming Engine 4.0 to 4.x), and product technical support through email.
Email technical support is only available to valid license holders. The person who initially purchased or redeemed a Wowza software license for the Wowza account is eligible to receive technical support and may provide email addresses for up to four additional contacts to also be eligible. License holders can create a Wowza account
and sign in to their Account Management page to enter additional contacts for technical support on the My Support
tab. An eligible email address must be used when submitting a support request for proper registration and identification. If the email address doesn't have valid entitlement for product technical support, the support request won't be seen by our support staff.
Other Resources for Support for Wowza Streaming Software
How to get support for Wowza Streaming Engine
|When you send an email support request to firstname.lastname@example.org, be sure to provide the following information with your request. To find this information, click the Server tab in Wowza Streaming Engine Manager, and then click About in the contents pane.
- Wowza Streaming Engine version and build number
- Last four digits of license key
- Platform, operating system, and Java version on which Wowza Streaming Engine is running
- Detailed problem description that includes:
- URL of tutorial or instructions being used
- Player technology being used (Adobe Flash, Microsoft Silverlight, iOS device, set-top box, etc.)
- Live encoder/IP camera manufacturer/version and exact encoding settings (live streaming only)
- Send a compressed (zipped) folder that includes the [install-dir]/logs, [install-dir]/conf, and [install-dir]/transcoder folders from your Wowza Streaming Engine installation. See How to create a compressed zip file in Windows, OS X, and Linux for instructions to create a ZIP file.
How to get support for Wowza Streaming Cloud
|For technical support for Wowza Streaming Cloud, send an email to email@example.com, and be sure to provide the following information with your request:
For details on support plans, see Wowza Streaming Cloud Maintenance and Support.
- The name of the live stream you're having problems with
- Your broadcast location
- The type of camera or encoder you're using as a video source
- The playback method being used (hosted web page or something else)
On the Find a Consultant
tab, you can ask for paid help by posting your requirements, budget, and timescales for custom development or other specific work. Independent consultants can then provide feedback or private quotes along with contact information if they're interested in your job.
Wowza Software Updates
License holders with a Wowza account can sign in to their Account Management page to find available updates for their software on the My Downloads