Default jwplayer checking for livestream

Hi

I have wowza for livestreaming with jwplayer
    Everything works fine but every 20 sec i get in jw player
    message checking for livestream. . ., but there's no problem with
    connection to encoder.

Any ideas?

thanks

Do you mean it's buffering? What is the exact text of the message? Does it go away after a moment?

Try reducing the bitrate of the livestream. Cut it in half, see if the messaging stops or happens less frequently

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rrlanham View Post
    Do you mean it's buffering? What is the exact text of the message? Does it go away after a moment?

Try reducing the bitrate of the livestream. Cut it in half, see if the messaging stops or happens less frequently

Richard
    I'm having this exact same issue.... Mine is every 15 seconds. I'm broadcasting using xsplit. I see the picture and it's smooth. I hear the audio... But every 15 seconds it says "Checking for Livestream..." on the video box. Then it goes away, and 15 seconds later it's back again. And it continues to do this forever. It's not buffering, it's a message that just pops up while the video is running perfectly in the background. I'm on a Wordpress site using the JWPlayer plugin and streaming from XSplit. Everything is fine except that message. Any idea how to get rid of it?

Thanks!

You'll want to use systematic troubleshooting to determine where the problem is. Have you tried Richard's suggestion above?

Can you identify any corresponding Wowza log messages? Try running Wowza in stand-alone (/bin/startup.bat) mode so you can see log output in the console

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rrlanham View Post
    Can you identify any corresponding Wowza log messages? Try running Wowza in stand-alone (/bin/startup.bat) mode so you can see log output in the console

Richard
    I stopped using the Wordpress JWPlayer plugin with just the shortcode. Used an embed code instead and it's working without displaying this message now.

Great! Glad it's working. Thanks for the update

Richard