Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Article: How to control Stream class streams dynamically (ModuleStreamControl)

Default Article: Stream class stream controller

How do you stop a Stream on the Stream class controller. I can start new streams with Stream Class Controller but I can't stop the Streams unless I restart the Wowza Server. I'm trying to stop the streams with the LiveStudio.html example file. The Stop Stream button doesn't appear to work. I continue to see the Stream looped my Server-side playlist that I created but I have no way to stop it. I appreciate you help.

Thanks

Derrick

I tested and it works for me.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by derrick217 View Post
    I'm trying to stop the streams with the LiveStudio.html example file. The Stop Stream button doesn't appear to work. I continue to see the Stream looped my Server-side playlist that I created but I have no way to stop it. I appreciate you help.

I think you have to set "repeat" to false in SMIL list

Richard,

So when you click for example Stop Stream3. It stops and no longer plays at all? Weird It does work on my end. The Stream3 will stop but I continue to see the Stream3 playlist repeating. I'll follow-up the next time I'm working with the Stream controller.

@arturocalle..I'm not talking about the Server-side playlist with SMIL but the one created with the Stream controller.

Derrick

This Stream Class Controller is a very basic example, a starting point. You should be prepared to dig-in to the client-side and server-side code. There's not that much to it.

Richard

Guys,

I feel so stupid, this looks like what I could use to get my streaming to work with a server side playlist, but I am completely lost as to what or how to do it.
    I see the code in the two top boxes, but do not know where to place the code.

Am I supposed to copy all the contents in each box and paste it into the Application.xml file?
    Am I supposed to copy all the contents and add them to separate files?

It might be that I am looking into the wrong places for what I am looking for, but is there a dummies step by step guide that covers explains all.

Lawrence

Lawrence,

Take a look instead at this schedule example:
    http://www.wowzamedia.com/forums/sho...t-in-smil-file

The scheduler creates TV programmed content using files, but streamed live. A pre-built version is included with the modules collection:
    http://www.wowzamedia.com/forums/content.php?113

This is how to do a server-side playlist that is streamed as video on demand
    http://www.wowzamedia.com/forums/con...insert-Midroll

Richard

There is a little mistake in the stopStream Class.
    I use:
    Stream stream = (Stream)client.getAppInstance().getProperties().getProperty(streamName);
    stream.close();

insted of:
    Stream stream = Stream.createInstance(client.getAppInstance(), streamName);

I thinks it's not a good idea to create a new instance instead of destroying it

Yikes, yes, Roger pointed that out too.... I will update. I have a few things to do for the collection.

Thanks,
    Richard

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast