Thread: Cannot stream beyond localhost

Default Cannot stream beyond localhost

I have been looking through the forums and feel I may just not have the right language to describe my issue. I am exploring Wowza for some video projects at our university. I downloaded the developer pack and have been able to run the VOD tutorial option without any problem on my machine. The only problem seems to be that it only works on my machine. I don't believe it's a firewall issue but I could be wrong. I'm wondering if it's simply a configuration issue or something to do with external access for the server. Thanks for the help.

Current setup:
    Developer Version running on an iMac with 10.6.

Your instance of Wowza has to be reachable, and the client Flash files have to be reachable (from a web server usually). If you are connected to a router you have to port forward port 1935. You can look up your router here. You might have to involve network admin if you are on university lan. The test from any client location is type this URL in a browser:

http://[wowza-address]:1935

Should display Wowza version and build number, otherwise the address is not reachable or port 1935 is blocked.

Richard
    Last edited by rrlanham; 04-27-2011 at 05:41 PM.

Corrected link: http://portforward.com/