Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Live wirecast to AWS streams fine to some but others get dropped every 5 seconds

Ok. Great. The 150 uniques that I mentioned were indeed unique viewers over about a 3 hours period. Now I know that there were some that watched the whole thing and some that got kicked off every 5 minutes. I believe we only had probably 40 concurrent viewers at any one time during that 3 hour period based on the 30 minute average view time of the show.

That seems well below the server CPU capacity. Is there anything else that could cause the livestream not found errors?

Take a look at the access and error logs, which are easy to follow. You can see where connections start, grouped by c-client-id. I open in Excel, delete the top 4 rows, then View > Freeze top row.

Richard

Were you using RTMPT, tunneling? Flash drops rtmpt connections very easily if any network problem occurs. Avoid rtmpt or work out reconnect in your Flash player. JW player has a reconnect plugin.

Richard

Here is an image from cloudwatch from a smaller stream e.g. fewer concurrent viewers where we still had a couple of livestreams not found.

Regarding RTMPT tunnelling - No. We are just using the default instance settings and only allow flash and iOS type connections.

I'm looking through the logs. Not sure what I'm looking for in there though. I see the connects in the access log. Nothing seems to be a flag. The error log only has five rows.
    I've posted the 5/13 logs here:
    http://www.stagedive.com/images/file...aERRORLog.xlsx
    http://www.stagedive.com/images/file...-WowzaLog.xlsx

good tip on the JWFLV reconnect plugin btw. Thank you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12