Thread: Wowza's Classpath

Default Wowza's Classpath

I know that Wowza attempts to load JARs from $WOWZA_HOME/lib, but does it try loading from anywhere else? I have a ton of JARs required for my application, but I don't want to dump them all in the lib directory, as I want to keep it pretty slim if possible. Is there anywhere else which Wowza looks for regarding JARs, such as conf/{app-name}/lib or applications/{app-name}/lib?

If not, how would I modify Wowza's start script to load another directory as a part of the classpath?

They can only be loaded from this folder.

Charlie

If I wanted to add JARs to the classpath, what file should I modify in the bin directory?

Any .jar file added to the lib folder will automatically be picked up in the class path. We have our own class loader that handle this.

Charlie

Does it also pick up files in subdirectories under lib?

No, it does not.

Charlie

Hi!

I write a module for geo blocking. I have to load an external file for this.
    Where is the best place to load this?
    If I put it into conf or lib it will not get loaded via

ClassLoader.getSystemClassLoader().getResource(dataFileName);

I don't want to put it in the jar itself, this would make it more uncomforable to update the dataSource.

Thanks for helping me,

Tom

It should work in the conf folder. The content folder is another option that should work

Richard

I have had success with modifying the bin/startup.sh. Adding onto the -cp operator.. like so:

$_EXECJAVA $JAVA_OPTS $JMXOPTIONS -Dcom.wowza.wms.runmode="standalone" -Dcom.wowza.wms.native.base="osx" -Dcom.wowza.wms.AppHome="$WMSAPP_HOME" -Dcom.wowza.wms.ConfigURL="$WMSCONFIG_URL" -Dcom.wowza.wms.ConfigHome="$WMSCONFIG_HOME" -cp "$WMSAPP_HOME/bin/wms-bootstrap.jar:$WMSAPP_HOME/custom_libs" com.wowza.wms.bootstrap.Bootstrap start

So I added the folder "custom_libs" to the classpath.

So when you run the ./startup.sh it will have it on the classpath... this is good for testing it worked. For a permanent classpath modification when Wowza starts up with the init script.. you need to modify the wms.sh file similarly to the startup.sh file. You'll see a similar line in the wms.sh file as existed in the startup.sh.

Hope that helps.

Jake
    Last edited by jakehilton; 07-21-2012 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Added more info.