Thread: Altering stream name at connect time

Default Altering stream name at connect time

I'm in the process of moving some of my customers from streaming through FMS on one of our CDNs to streaming through Wowza on EC2. Our CDN is using an authentication process that appends an auh key to the stream name. For example my customer might have to specify his stream name as "myStream/myKey", where the stream name the player will use is "myStream".

Now that I'm going to be moving them to Wowza that "/myKey" is a bit of a problem. To view the stream from Wowza when the customer uses "myStream/myKey", the player has to request "myStream/myKey".

So, my goal is to write a module that will watch for a connection from an encoder, and when it sees a new stream appear separate the stream name from the key, optionally verify that the proper key is being used (I can handle that part just fine), and pass the stripped stream name to the rest of Wowza.

I vaguely recall seeing a forum post that addressed this issue around a year ago, but I haven't been able to find it again. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Default Perfect!

That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks! I got my module written and it does exactly what I want it to.

Cool! Happy to have helped.

Charlie