Thread: Wowza Streaming to internal network using VLC for video source and playlist.

Question Wowza Streaming to internal network using VLC for video source and playlist.

Hey everyone, I've been trying to see if Wowza is the solution for a client of mine. I'm trying out the Wowza 3 Preview Release and I was really hoping if somebody could help me setup the system with the following requirements. This is the first time I'm working with Wowza and any help with be greatly appreciate, if someone is willing to walk me through this step by step we can compensate you for your time as well.

Basically the requirements of the project are as follows, we have a server setup at a retail store that needs to output video to two televisions, and at the same time stream the content playing on the televisions to individuals who are connected to their internal networks and be able to play the same content on their laptops and mobile devices (Android and iOS).

I wanted to use VLC to play the content on the televisions and at the same time stream to Wowza through which individuals can then access the stream on their devices via a URL or IP. The server is connected to the televisions via HDMI cables.

Furthermore if we can't get video on the mobile devices and laptop that's fine, the only requirement is getting audio at the very least. If anyone can walk me through the steps to set this up it would be greatly appreciated. I tried following the guides but am not really getting anywhere. You can help via the forum, email, skype, phone. Anything, I'm located in Boston, MA.

Thank you very much.

Best,
    Sean

Hi Sean,

No need to Double Post.

I'm not sure you could use vlc to stream a stream to an HDMI port. Maybe you could ask on the VLC forums about that. But usually the way a TV port works on a computer is like a second video output. In which case, you probably wouldn't need VLC, you would just setup the TV-Out as a separate desktop, then view the stream using a flash player in a browser. Just fullscreen the player on the other monitor/TV.

Check out the tutorials section. Here's an example of using VLC to stream to Wowza: http://www.wowza.com/forums/content.php?90

If you're not re-streaming a live stream, take a look at the VOD tutorial: http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....on-demand-file

Finally, you can send an email to sales@wowza.com to request a list of consultants that work with Wowza.
    Last edited by randall; 08-31-2011 at 02:32 AM.

Hi Randall,

I apologize for the double post, this was extremely urgent and needed some help ASAP. I can't seem to get the instructions from the post to work properly with VLC if you know how to possibly get to work I would love if you could help me.

I've emailed Wowza and waiting for a response in the meantime.

Thank you again.

Best
    Sean

Start with the VOD tutorial. It's very straightforward.