Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Issues with iOS5 (iPad) and VOD (Cupertino)

Exclamation Issues with iOS5 (iPad) and VOD (Cupertino)

Hello,

Just as iOS5 became GA, our customers are reporting issues with streaming that has been working virtually flawlessly for the past 7 months.

As we attempt to play the content ourselves (iPad with iOS5), we get "The Operation Could Not Be Completed" from the Safari/Player in iPad. Wowza Error log does not show any errors. Access log shows successfull authentication and access (code 200) with subsequent virtually immediate disconnect.

FYI, we are using WMS 2.2.4 patch 3 and this is happening on 2 distinct installations - Linux and Windows.

Any thoughts on the subject will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    -EMGVOD

Emgvod,

Is this live or vod? Is it all your content or live streams? If not, can you narrow down a little what has stopped working for iOS 5 clients? What encoding parameters?

Do you have a file or live stream that we can look that you had these reports about? If so, send to support@wowza.com. Include a link to this thread for reference.

Richard

Thanks, Richard,

This is for VOD ONLY.

Support ticket #16398. I submitted quite a few details on the issue there earlier today. I'd prefer to take this off public forum.

How can we expedite this? We are getting slammed by customers.

Thanks

Hi guys. We are experiencing the same issue. VOD streaming on iOS5 has stopped working with the message "The Operation Could Not Be Completed" as described above.

We are also getting grief from customers and I'm stumped for what's actually wrong. It would be great if you could publish the outcome. I'm sure we're not the only ones who've encountered this.

Thanks

Not much to add here other than I am getting the same as above and also getting a bit "slamed" by customers. Is there a recommended encoding profile for the new iOS5? or is it more likely to be a wowza bug or config issue?

While I understand emgvods desire for privacy, can we work out a way to solve this in the public forum so all can benefit / contribute with the solution.

Thanks all

The customer had custom HTTPStreamer properties in Application.xml that were causing the problem. The properties for the customer above where:

Code:
    <Property>
                    <Name>maxChunkCount</Name>
                    <Value>2</Value>
                    <Type>Integer</Type>
    </Property>
    <Property>
                    <Name>playlistChunkCount</Name>
                    <Value>2</Value>
                    <Type>Integer</Type>
    </Property>
    <Property>
                    <Name>chunkDurationTarget</Name>
                    <Value>5000</Value>
                    <Type>Integer</Type>
    </Property>
    If this is not your problem then send us URLs that are not working. Also send us logs and conf files along with sample content that is not working. Send it to support@wowza.com.

Charlie
    Last edited by charlie; 10-14-2011 at 04:39 AM.

Hi Charlie. Thanks for letting us know the problem. We increased the value to 10000.

Code:
    <Property>
                    <Name>chunkDurationTarget</Name>
                    <Value>10000</Value>
                    <Type>Integer</Type>
    </Property>
    It's worth noting that Wowza required a restart for this to take effect.

All our ondemand HTTP streams are working nicely on iOS5 now.

For the note, here is how to re-start an application without restarting Wowza:

http://www.wowzamedia.com/forums/sho...ning&p=52138#4

Richard

Hello,

I have similar problems, but I do not have such customized settings at application.xml.
    What can be wrong?

You have a ticket open for this. Same crew here.

Richard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast