Thread: Live Stream to prerecorded video transcoding and load balancing advice

Default Live Stream to prerecorded video transcoding and load balancing advice

Ive created a flash application on Wowza 3 ec2 that uses the stream class to switch between a live stream and prerecorded video. The live stream is from one moderator who can switch between live and prerecorded as needed. The prerecorded video is stored on s3. I'd like to implement the dynamic load balancing module, transcoding module, and adaptive bitrate streaming, for optimum viewing experience. Does anyone have any advice before I go ahead and try to implement these modules? Will I have issues because of the stream switching? Any advice is appreciated.
    Thanks
    Tony

It would be easy enough to use Liverepeater and load balancer, where your current server is an origin, and the stream you are switching on can be the input to the Wowza Transcoder for multi-bitrate transrating. Treat each separately, take it one at a time. What you have now is just a live stream, there is no special consideration for how you are producing that live stream in relation to these other layers. Just proceed one step at a time.

Richard

Thanks for the advice Richard, I'll do as suggested.