Thread: Win2008 R2 Server Restarts on Stream Creation

Default Win2008 R2 Server Restarts on Stream Creation

Iíve been using wowza 2 for live streaming successfully for a year or so and we needed to upgrade to wowza 3 and I got two new servers with following specs where I installed Wowza 3 and JRE 1.7

Specs: Dell Poweredge 1955, 2 x Dual Core 3.0GHz Processors, 8 GB Ram, 2 x 72GB 10k RPM SCSI Drives.
    RAID: 1

Wowza got installed successfully and when it is started it runs perfectly fine for hours without problem but as soon as I create a stream through stream manager, system gets re-started after couple of seconds. Itís happening with both the servers.

I un-installed wowza 3 on one server and tried wowza 2 but result is same. Can anyone please guide that why is this happening and what are possible solutions?

Thanks in advance.

...as soon as I create a stream through stream manager, system gets re-started after couple of seconds.
    Do you mean the stream you started in StreamManager has timeout errors and attempts reconnects over and over?

It is probably that UDP ports are blocked on the new servers. Take a look at this guide:

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....-RTP-playback)

Richard