Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wowza 3 + nDVR + OSMF Strobe Player + Android

Hybrid View

Default Wowza 3 + nDVR + OSMF Strobe Player + Android

Hello to all,

I am playing with the Strobe Media Playback, and was wondering why when I try to open it in Android, it doesn't play.

I am streaming H264 (Main or Baseline) to rtmp://server/dvr/streamname.

The stream works on Desktop + iOS, but if I try to open the Strobe player from the Android device, it is buffering forever. It shows in the beginning how long is the stream in the bottombar, but never starts playing.

Strobe used to work like a charm with FMS, so I guess it has something to do with the encoding of my stream when using Wowza.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
    Anton

Anton,

It could be a bandwidth issue. That's what it sounds like. Do you see log output in Wowza when you start the stream in the device, is it connecting? Run Wowza in stand-alone (/bin/startup.bat) mode instead of the service so you can see log output in the console.

Richard

I don't think it is a bandwidth issue. I've been using the same connection for a long time and never had problems, and now i'm testing with much lower bitrate. I also tested on local LAN, using Developer edition of Wowza... testing also on Amazon EC2 with lickey edition.

Even the LiveVideoStreaming example with rtmp://server/app ; and then streamname, doesn't work.

I noticed that if I change a bit the buffering values, or remove them all together, I get sound, but no picture on Android. My version of flash on AND is 11,1,112,61 (Flash-AS3) (according to LiveVideoStreaming example).

There are only a few parameters to be changed at Application.xml so I'm feeling a bit lost.

I test both LIVE app and DVR app...

<LiveStreamPacketizers>smoothstreamingpacketizer,cupertinostreamingpacketizer,sanjosestreamingpacket izer</LiveStreamPacketizers>

sanjosestreamingpacketizer is always present in the LiveStreamPacketizers,

<HTTPStreamers>cupertinostreaming,smoothstreaming,sanjosestreaming</HTTPStreamers>

it is present in the HTTPStreamers as well.

I'm starting to fell that the problem is in my device, but as I said - it is working with FMS streams, so I feel like it is a config issue.

In the log files on local, everything seems fine.. I see the following lines when I start broadcasting:

INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.init[dvr/_definst_/tonyy]: chunkDurationTarget: 10000
    INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.init[dvr/_definst_/tonyy]: chunkDurationTolerance: 500
    INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.init[dvr/_definst_/tonyy]: playlistChunkCount:4
    INFO server comment - MediaStreamMap.getLiveStreamPacketizer: Create live stream packetizer: sanjosestreamingpacketizer:tonyy

When I connect via the Android device, I see:

INFO sanjose connect 1973510429 -
    INFO stream create tonyy -
    INFO stream play tonyy -

no Errors whatsoever.

I tried both with those params:

expandedBufferTime: 5,
    liveBufferTime: 12,
    liveDynamicStreamingBufferTime: 14,
    dvrBufferTime: 12,
    dvrDynamicStreamingBufferTime: 14,
    dynamicStreamBufferTime: 14,

and without them.

RTSP url does work on Android. Adobe Flash Player 11 installed... Strobe on other pages (for example FMS VOD) working.

Any ideas?

Best,
    Anton

Even RTMP url works if added to a Video player, but does not show at all in Strobe :/

best,
    Anton

Hi
    What version of Wowza 3 are you using?

Have you tried the sample.mp4 file that comes with Wowza?

Jason

Try JW Player instead of Strobe. It handles RTMP very well. If you want to do Sanjose (Flash HTTP) streaming, you will need Strobe or Flash Media Playback (hosted version of Strobe).

Richard

I'm able to play live and dvr streams using the LiveDvrStreaming example on my Android Galaxy Tablet (3.1).

Quote Originally Posted by nonsense View Post
    Hello to all,

I am playing with the Strobe Media Playback, and was wondering why when I try to open it in Android, it doesn't play.

I am streaming H264 (Main or Baseline) to rtmp://server/dvr/streamname.

The stream works on Desktop + iOS, but if I try to open the Strobe player from the Android device, it is buffering forever. It shows in the beginning how long is the stream in the bottombar, but never starts playing.

Strobe used to work like a charm with FMS, so I guess it has something to do with the encoding of my stream when using Wowza.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
    Anton

I found out at least one of the issues:

I am streaming with Wirecast 4.1.2 - when I turn off audio encoding (AAC) - I can see Video in Strobe via Sanjose HTTP streaming (DVR).

When audio encoding is turned on, I can sometimes hear some audio (after a lot of buffering), but Video never appears. It seems like this is a problem with Wirecast - Android - Wowza.

Will continue to post if I find something else... I am about to update to Wirecast 4.1.3 - hopefully it will be fixed then.

best,
    Anton

Confirm the problem. When I stream with Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder, everything works as expected... apparently it is a compatibility issue with Wirecast... 4.1.3 audio encoding messes up Android + Strobe as well :/

Best,
    Anton

Does it all work outside of Android? Can you playback with this combination on PC or Mac using strobe? I assume you have updated to latest Flash player on your Android device? Have you tried playing with different encoding settings (bitrate, sample frequency, stereo/mono). I might try 48KHz, stereo at 92Kbps. That is a pretty common setting.

Charlie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast