Live content with prerecorded video files?
i just follow this tutorial but it didnt work
i just follow this tutorial but didnt work, and i have some questions for that,
1. Is this example show how to start a live streaming created on the server startup called "Stream1", and these *.m4v files are suppose to play on Stream1?
(stream1 = one tv channel, *.m4v are the videos playing one by one on stream1)
2. follow this example connect to Server: rtmp://[wowza-address]/live, Stream: Stream1 (or Stream2) after a several mins of server startup, am i suppose to
see the video content in the middle of track, not at the beginning?
3. when i try to modify the application name "live" in createInstance to "Myapplication", when i connect to rtmp://[wowza-address]/Myapplication,
the player said Failed to play Stream1; stream not found.
4. the Stream1 is a file or simply a name? if it is just a name, i tried to create the stream instance with my application name,
Stream.createInstance(vhost, "StreamPublisherDemo", "channel1");
rtmp://192.168.1.106/StreamPublisherDemo Stream: channel1
play said "Failed to play channel1; stream not found."
Server log "server comment channel1 open: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /usr/local/WowzaMediaServer/content/channel1.flv (No such file or directory)"
if i place a file call channel.flv in content folder and connect again, it played the content of channel.flv from the beginning...
5. This 3 line of code:
stream1.play("mp4:sample1.mp4", 5, 5, true);
stream1.play("mp4:sample1.mp4", 50, 5, false);
stream1.play("mp4:sample1.mp4", 150, 5, false);
is that mean when stream playing to 5sec, play sample1.mp4 for 5sec.
when stream reach to 50 sec, play sample1.mp4 for 5sec.
am i right?
6. if i just simply want to create a stream called "ABC", like a single tv channel, with playing the video content "program1.mp4", "ad1.mp4", "ad2.mp4, "program2.mp4". so that when client access to link, like 10 mins after the server startup, they can watch content where is playing,
or if "program1.mp4" only got 10mins long, then client should be watch "ad1.mp4" once they connected.
7. can i specific a infinity while loop in server init or server startup method, so that i can constantly check some files source available in runtime?
what do you suggest i should do? is this tutorial relevant to my case?
Last edited by paymok; 02-26-2012 at 09:03 AM.