Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't access Wowza in Windows 7

randal and richard ,
    it seems that both bugra and i have the same problem and the interesting part is, both we are living in same country and using same locale and regional settings. Turkish )
    i think , most of the problems we issue by using turkish locale is "İ" word.. the capital "i", the capital i is I in english but it is İ in Turkish (it has a dot at upside). some programs may have problems when using upperwords inside their codes. (ex: telerik sitefinity had same issue last week when they released version 5.. the v4.4 did not have that problem but 5 has it.. i discovered that problem and now they fixed the problem.. )
    i think same problem occurs here.. you may check out the problem starting from this point )

thanks for help..
    Serkan

i found the problem..
    it is because of turkish locale.. i installed on a fresh english win64 bit with all settings english.. it works now..
    but i have to run it on turkish locale installed server.. there are some other applications which must use turkish locale and settings..
    please solve the problem..

also, my client has over 100+ locations, i will use edge-repeater configuration.. and this system is a very closed strict place.. it can not access to outsideworld..
    when we buy 100+ license, each server cannot connect to wowza licensing systems to verify license.. you have to find a solution for this..

Hello,
    The Server is shutting down because of how information is being parsed. Not all locales exhibit the same behavior, but we have seen this reported against Turkish locale.
    Try setting the following Java options:

-Duser.language=en -Duser.country=US

There is more info here:
    http://java.sun.com/developer/techni...s/J2SE/locale/

-Lisa

hi.

i am using win7 32 bit OS and i installed wowza 3.

i have the same problem too. i am in turkey and i just started to learn wowza. i follow the documantation but i cant get reply from http://localhost:1935. And when i open the location "C:\Program Files\Wowza Media Systems\Wowza Media Server 3.1.1\examples\SimpleVideoStreaming\client\simplevideostreaming.html" it shows nothing.

what should i do serkan ? how did you solve the problem ?

Ahmet

ahmet hi,
    just change the regional settings and system locale to english, it works then..
    there is no other solution that resolves this issue.. i have huge problem about it and still wowza not releasing any patch for it..
    their support system is really too slow even for the registered customers..
    i am a registered customer and there are 2-3 tickets waiting more than 4 months..
    still no answer from them..

by the way,
    because of un-replied messages from wowza,unfortunately i reverted my project to wowza 2.2.4 ..
    because my customer is a bank and they dont want to change the server's locale to english just for this purpose..

also my second problem is, the bank's servers are not allowed to access internet, when you pay and buy wowza 3.. the application must access internet to get licence verification..
    my customers wanted to buy 350 wowza licenses for repeater servers, i informed wowza support about it, and they just said "servers must connect to internet".. thats all..
    no other option.. just this..
    so we started to use fms and red5 on that project..

i changed regional settings. but i dont understand how to change locale to english. i tried FMS but i cant see that it supports IpCamera. Do you use IpCam for your project ?

Quote Originally Posted by ahmetozer View Post
    i changed regional settings. but i dont understand how to change locale to english. i tried FMS but i cant see that it supports IpCamera. Do you use IpCam for your project ?
    region and language-->administrative--> change system locale-->english (united states)

i only use hd webcam with 90fps and blackmagic design decklink II capture card.

oh ok i am using turkish OS i already did it. but the result is the same locahhost:1935 is dead are you using wowza now ? or you quit using it ?

ahmet unfortunately wowza 3 is not working on turkish os
    format and reinstall windows as english or use wowza 2
    i now have wowza 3, wowza 2, fms (3 different version), red5 and a new opensource one..
    if you want, private msg to me, i will tell you my experiences about all..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast