Thread: Wowza 3 storing live playbacks

Question Wowza 3 storing live playbacks

I upgraded my Wowza instalation from Wowza 2 to Wowza 3. And some weird thing is happening.

The application is configured as 'live-lowlatency' (tried 'live' too). I'm using the client provided in 'examples/LiveVideoStreaming/clientFlex/' to test the application.

The weird behavior is: first time I publish the video I can watch it normaly. But the second time I publish it, I watch the first video published.

I noticed that there is a file inside the 'content/' dir named after the stream id.

How can I disable it?

It sounds like the StreamType is "default". Check the access log around app-start event and see if the configuration file is reported malformed perhaps, or did you place it under the /applications folder instead of under /conf folder

/conf/live/Application.xml

Richard

Only works when I changed the stream type in Application.xml (outside the application dir) to 'live-lowlatency' too. It looks like the main Application.xml is overwriting the application-specific Application.xml file.

Is this expected?

That's what happens when the /conf/[app-name]/Application.xml is malformed, the /conf/Application.xml is used instead. So copy that one to the new folder, and it should work. Test by changing the /conf/Appliction.xml /StreamType back to "default"

Richard

Thank you
    Last edited by juniorz; 04-10-2012 at 12:51 PM.