1. On mediacache edge server, cache stored on disk or ram?
2. It is a possible to store on demand video data on Amazon S3, while server in other place for origin server. for example own datacenter?
3. If mediacache stored on disk, do we need to configured with RAID for best practice?
It is cached to disk.
With MediaCache, the file store (S3 in your case) is the origin.
If you have multiple disks you can configure a MediaCacheStore (/conf/MediaCache.xml /MediaCacheStores) for each one. I don't think it matters what RAID type those disks are being used for.
With MediaCache, the file store (S3-cloudfront in your case) is the origin. --> Do you mean that we able to use HTTP from S3 to edge directly? therefore we do not need to have Wowza Origin Server?
Does Adaptive streaming works on this kind of scenario if we use HTTP?
If we have 4x 64GB SSD drive on wowza edge server installed with mediacache. Do you prefer use several mediacachestore or use RAID 10?
How to identify if cache almost used all disk space?
If we use S3 as storage, does it support dynamic bitrate streaming?
We want to use Amazon S3 for storage, meanwhile we want to install our own Wowza edge servers for delivery since Amazon has not an edge POP in my country. Also we will use Encoding.com for transcoding to S3. Any recommendation?
1. You stream from a MediaCache edge. S3 is the origin to a MediaCache edge. There is no "Wowza origin" involved in MediaCache as there is with Liverepeater. S3 is the origin.
2. Yes, multi-bitrate, adaptive, streaming works. You will put the smil on s3 alongside the content. The smil file will look the same as an vod smil.
3. You can try utilizing RAID 1+0, or use MediaCache.xml MediaStores that point to different disks, as I mentioned.
4. See #2
1. How do we identify if cache disks are full?
2. For example we use S3 in US and we have 10 wowza edge with mediacache in Australia. Does mediacache has a feature like liverepeaterOriginEdge? We want we just pulling one to Australia and distribute it to other 9 edge servers.
3. How many mediacache store point that can we have? If we have 3 points, how it works? Round robin? Weight? Thank you
There isn't a liverepeater-edge-origin equivalent with MediaCache. You can replicate content in EU or Singapore bucket to get closer to Australia.
I don't know of any limit to the number of MediaCacheStores. In my test, overflow was one factor, the 2nd store started being used when the first was full. I think concurrency is another factor, if the first disk is too busy the 2nd one will be used, etc.
If there is no liverepeateredgeorigin on mediacache, how we reduce the bandwidth cost on S3 let say we have 50 edge servers with mediacache?
You would need to put a caching proxy in-between the Wowza Servers and the S3. The issue is that there doesn't appear to be caching proxys available that will cache partial content so they will all just read through which will have the effect of no proxy.
I am not aware of one, but perhaps someone else has a custom proxy based on media cache that they can offer in response to your question. In the meantime, you could tune the media cache to retain content for as long as possible and also configure it so that it does not flush the cache on Wowza restarts.
The proxy polipo does it if I remember correctly.