Thread: New user, simple question

Default New user, simple question

Hi, I'm new to Wowza and I wanted to know if it offers what I'm looking for.
    I've read quite a bit so far, though there has been no evidence stating what I'm looking for.

What I'm looking for is to be able to take a link, external, only to re-stream it myself. I've read about this and that, but I rather you guys tell me what I need, which guide I should use and if it really supports this.

I'm planning on using RTMP to stream to a flash player.

Also, even though most that I've read have stated otherwise, can you make a file.stream, or something similar, to make it faster and easier to edit and start the stream up again?

Thank you for your time. I hope to hear from someone soon. Even so, I'm going to keep on reading.

EDIT:
    I basically just wanted to know if live-repeater is what I'm looking for.
    Last edited by charbel; 05-10-2012 at 06:17 AM.

To re-stream an RTSP or UDP source, so you would start with one of these:

For rtsp source like an IP camera use this:
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....-re-streaming)

Or for mpeg-ts use this:
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....based-encoder)

To test use:
    [wowza-install-dir]/examples/LiveVideoStreaming/client/live.html

For production, the easiest playback option for streaming to the desktop is a Flash RTMP client. Take a look at JW Player:
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....h-Wowza-Server

A .stream file will contain the full rtsp or udp url of the stream source.

Richard

Hey it's you who seems to cater to everyones questions.

I read your suggestions, though I'm looking to use an external stream that isn't within my domain(within my modem-area). That is, I want to recieve the stream and then re-stream it(with out it being directed/streamed to me).
    Is that possible with Wowza?
    Last edited by charbel; 05-11-2012 at 01:09 AM.

Hello again, I've read the 5 different ways, only one that I found use-able were nr 3 and nr 5, though I'm not sure if I'm the one doing it wrong, or it just doesn't work.
    Like on the third guide, I made the file X/conf/live/applications.xml and altered it like I should, I created x.stream and put my rtmp://x.x.x/live/z010105.stream(for instance), went to the streammanager, put it on live-repeater and put the x.stream in the field and started, yet it doesn't show in the player...
    I've repeated the process and double checked every step several times.

Could the error lie with this: (for example: rtmp://cp12345.live.edgefcs.net/live/myStream@2440)
    the @xxxx doesn't exist on the adresses that I use, the /z010105.stream is the last part of an actual adress that I'm using.
    Aside from this I can't really see what could be wrong or different from the guide.
    Last edited by charbel; 05-11-2012 at 02:14 PM.

All right, so when I do start recieving the stream with the stream manager, the console for the server gives me an error:
    INFO Server comment - LiveMediaStreamReciever.onResult: Error connecting to remote server: code: NetConnection.Rejected
    INFO server comment - LiveMediaStreamReciever.sessionClosed:
    INFO server comment - LiveMediaStreamReciever.sessionClosed: Reconnect: is CurrentSession:true tryConnect:true

Not entirely sure, but I guess it's talking about not being able to recieve the stream and it keeps retrying.

Is it an FMS origin? Is it protected? If so, this won't work. If it is not, it should play in our example player:

[wowza-install-dir]/examples/LiveVideoStreaming/client/live.html

Server: rtmp://cp12345.live.edgefcs.net/live
    Stream: myStream@2440

Richard
    Last edited by rrlanham; 05-12-2012 at 07:17 AM.

By the way, thanks very much for your help. It worked, I just had to try enough adresses before I got a valid and open one.

Great! Thanks for the update. Glad I could help

Richard