Thread: ModuleLimitStreamViewers: Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

Default ModuleLimitStreamViewers: Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

Hi,

using WowzaMediaServer 3.1.1, debian squeeze, java-6 I´m trying to run a "live-record"-application with limiting stream-viewers. The wms-plugin-collection is installed. But when I want to connect with FlashMediaLiveEncoder to the server, the live encoder doesn´t get any response from server.

After starting the server manually and when "connecting" to server with live encoder I get the following log:

Access-Log here:
    INFO server comment - Wowza Media Server is started!
    Exception in thread "VHostHandler._defaultVHost_.18" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/wowza/wms/plugin/collection/module/ModuleLimitStreamViewers : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
    /conf/[myapp]/Application.xml:
    Code:
    <Module>
    	<Name>ModuleLimitStreamViewers</Name>
    	<Description>ModuleLimitStreamViewers</Description>
    	<Class>com.wowza.wms.plugin.collection.module.ModuleLimitStreamViewers</Class>
    </Module>

</Modules>
    		<!-- Properties defined here will be added to the IApplication.getProperties() and IApplicationInstance.getProperties() 

collections -->
    		<Properties>
    <Property>
    	<Name>maxStreamViewers</Name>
    	<Value>4</Value>
    	<Type>Integer</Type>
    </Property>
    		</Properties>
    Any hints?

Install the latest Oracle Java JDK 1.7 and that should fix the problem, which is that the module was compiled with a more recent version of Java than it is running under.

Richard

de-installed Java 1.6 (openjdk), installed 1.7 (oracle), works. As a Wowza-costumer I say: Thank you, Richard!

Here a short hint for installation:
    http://alexander.holbreich.org/2011/...a-7-on-debian/