Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Streaming live delay

Default Video Streaming Delay on Client end

Hi! I am working on a video player in flex. which plays a video which is being publish live through wowza server. I need to delay the video on receiving end not on publishing end....can any one help me please?

This is what we have, at the top of this thread.

http://www.wowza.com/forums/showthre...ing-live-delay

Richard

Hi Richard,

We used this module for delaying the stream by 30 secs. It works perfectly fine. However we dont get metadata when the client hits the delayed stream.

So our orig stream is rtmp://192.168.0.100/live/n1.sdp and our delayed stream is rtmp://192.168.0.100/live/n1_delayed.sdp

When I hit with our command line rtmp client (uses librtmp), we get metadata in n1.sdp but not in n1_delayed.sdp.

How to insert metadata in the delayed stream?

Thanks for the awesome support
    Nitin

Nitin,

I tried it and can confirm: metadata is lost in the delayed stream. I will see if it that can be fixed, but I'm not sure if or when that will happen. It is a very old module, written for Wowza 1.x and there is a dot release in the works. But I will put it in the queue.

Thanks for the report,
    Richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks for confirming. Is there any newer alternative to this plugin to use with Wowza 3.5 release?

Regards
    Nitin

Nitin,

There isn't another version of this at present. I will see what I can do.

Richard

Hi Richard,

In the delay publisher example, we also found that if the incoming stream (undelayed) fluctuates, the delayed feed stops coming. We can handle this inside the module, by killing the worker thread (to unpublish the delayed stream) and then again calling the publisher class to republish the delayed stream.

The stream we are ingesting is a mediacaster stream started from the streammanager page. Now if this stream fluctuates, i.e. stops and then again starts, where do we get the notification for this? I tried using IMediaCasterNotify. I manually stopped the stream in the streammanager page. I expected the control to come inside OnMediaCasterDestroy() function. But it didnt. Please tell me if there is some other way to trap the notifications for changes on the streammanager page?

Thanks
    Nitin

Nitin,

IMediaCasterNotify2 should work:
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....otify2-example

Also take a look at ModuleMediaCasterStreamMonitorAdvanced:
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....Caster-streams

Richard

Hi Richard,

We have integrated the delay module within our system and it suits our need very well.

However the stream that we give to the delay plugin attimes get disrupted for a split second. Due to this the delayed stream also stops. Since this happens at arbitrary times its not always possible to trigger it from the flash player side (since no person is attending the system at night).

Is it possible to auto-start the Publisher thread if undelayed stream reboots without the need for someone triggering from flash player?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Regards
    Nitin

Dear Richard,
    I used your module and added it to my application.xml.
    How can I request a delayed stream
    by default I'm using this url:
    http://x.com:1935/savoy/savoy.stream...ation=99999999

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast