Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Load Balancer Between multiple servers?

Question Load Balancer Between multiple servers?

hii

i read out the set-up of load balancer i understand and set the load balancer between two servers but dont know how to add third or 4th server ?

which extra configuration i'l add in my 3rd and 4th server ?

Each additional server in your edge cluster must be configured as a Load Balancer Sender.

Richard

Hi
    You set the 3rd and 4th servers the same as the 2nd which is done by using the Edge configuration in the documentation.
    Look for "To setup a load balancer "sender" on an "edge" server" which gives step by step instructions.

Jason

don't i add anything in my listener ? if yes then what ?

No, the LB Listener does not need know about a new edge/LB Sender. The LB Sender pushes its connection count data to the Listener (over UDP port 1934). This makes it very easy to add edge servers.

Richard

but i don't understand if i don't add anything in LB listener then how that know about my 3rd server or how traffic will move on third one in which server i add further setting for adding 3rd server ?

Because the sender sends. Try it

Richard

just one more confusion which setting i add on my 2nd server which is my edge server that 2nd server will know about 3rd one?

The edge/lb senders do not "know" about each other, they send data to the lb listener which keeps track of how many connections each reports to it, and tells clients which is the least loaded.

Richard

well simply i want to know about this point?

Note: You can setup multiple load balancer servers for failover or to handle the connection load by starting additional load balancer servers and adding additional target configuration lines to the loadbalancertargets.txt file on the edge servers.

here its saying adding additional target configuration lines to the loadbalancertargets.txt file on the edge servers

can you elaborate it or give me example configuration for adding my third server ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast