Thread: Log Files

Default Log Files

Hello,

How can I configure log files, so they can be the same as Flash Media Server?

Thank You

Jack Gelin

The default configuration of the logs is supposed to match FMS very closely. What is different? I need more details of what you are trying to do and what is or is not working.

Charlie

Default Log files

Charlie,

I am trying to use two programs. One is SAWMILL and another one is Webtrends. I can't use awstats, because it's public domain program.

Both (SAWMILL and Webtrends) support Flash Media Server Logfiles. When I run Sawmill I am getting a message unknown format. When I run Webtrends, it doesn't see any activity.

I guess I would need to compare both (Wowza and FMS) logs and see the difference.

Which one would you prefer to use? I can quickly take a look at one of them and follow-up with the other one later.

Why is awstats a problem? Why does the fact that its public domain cause a problem?

Charlie

Default Logs

Charlie,

I would prefer FMS logs format. The client doesn't allow to put non commerical software on their servers.

OK, it will take me a few days to work through this. I will get back to you.

Charlie