Thread: Using Elecard CodecWorks with Wowza Media Server

Default Using Elecard CodecWorks with Wowza Media Server

This forum post has moved to the following article:

http://www.wowzamedia.com/forums/content.php?94

Enjoy,
    The Wowza Team
    Last edited by charlie; 10-04-2010 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Added SDP file generator link

Is anyone else here using this? I've been playing with the eval a bit for taking live multicast streams and re-encoding but run into some annoyances here and there. (like half the time it won't 'see' my UDP unicast stream,and half the time it does).

There doesn't appear to be any logging... except in the Event Viewer I notice a lot of times the elecard service restarts itself.

Figured I'd ask here first.... they run some silly 'greylist' service on their mailboxes so it takes forever to send them email... and trying to get price quotes from them is like pulling teeth, so I'm hoping another Wowza user has already attempted to do this with their product and can shed some light.

thanks,
    --Chris

Quote Originally Posted by christr View Post
    Is anyone else here using this? I've been playing with the eval a bit for taking live multicast streams and re-encoding but run into some annoyances here and there. (like half the time it won't 'see' my UDP unicast stream,and half the time it does).

There doesn't appear to be any logging... except in the Event Viewer I notice a lot of times the elecard service restarts itself.

Figured I'd ask here first.... they run some silly 'greylist' service on their mailboxes so it takes forever to send them email... and trying to get price quotes from them is like pulling teeth, so I'm hoping another Wowza user has already attempted to do this with their product and can shed some light.

thanks,
    --Chris
    Chris,

Please write an e-mail to sales@elecard.ru regarding sales, and e-mail to tsup@elecard.ru regarding technical support.

Best regards,
    Maxim Kiselev

Hello Maxim,

I've sent a few emails but have a hard time getting them thru your greylisting email server. Some of the emails take several days before they seem to be allowed to be accepted by your server. I sent a few emails to support asking questions about the product and only heard back on one of them (about buying it). I then heard from Olga in sales but nothing in a few days after she wanted more verification that we exist as a business. (something about a company seal... which I have no idea what it is, maybe a Euro thing? )

Still looking to find out if anyone here actually uses this.

thanks,
    --Chris