TextChat Upgraded to 2.0 - AS Example no longer works
We recently upgraded to WowzaMediaServer 2.0
I reinstalled TextChat via the install.sh, and restarted the server.
When running the examples, the swf file is able to connect (the logs say they do) and run initSharedObject, and even addMessage. The logs reflect that chatData# is being injected each time I call addMessage as well.
Now, the real kicker -- the AS2 example works as expected, but we can't use AS2 in the production application.
I couldn't replicate that problem. I ran install.bat and used the AS3 version of the client, no problem here.
What do you recommend then? Re-install Wowza? I've already tried removing the application and reinstalling via running the install.sh script.
We are in development right now, and have been planning on purchasing quite a few licenses in the next couple months prior to the application we're building launches, but we need this to be stable and functional.
That might help. But maybe if you detail all the steps first we can figure it out. It's a linux or mac server, obviously. So I assume you are running the client examples from another machine, replacing "localhost" with your Wowza server IP. If so, make sure you have moved these 3 files from the client folder: TextChat.html , TextChat.swf, AC_RunActiveContentjs.
Indeed, I am running the client examples from another machine. I just pulled them off of one of our media servers (the one where 2.0 is now installed), which we reference via an IP address in the examples, rather than localhost (and that IP is hard-coded in my custom SWF files that were working when 1.7.2 was installed -- AS3).
Direct Examples -- All Files
I pulled all files from the examples, html and js files included, and uploaded them to separate directories on the webserver, one for AS2, and the other for AS3.
I connect to the same IP / application and shared object in both, post a message in AS3, and it doesn't appear in the box, but it appears in the AS2 window. (I had them both open in different tabs).
It's the oddest thing.
If you would like, I could PM the addresses to you.
hm, yes, odd. You can send those links to firstname.lastname@example.org, with reference to this thread. But I am traveling today and might not be able to follow-up till much later or tomorrow.
Email with credentials has been sent to email@example.com
Thank you for your time in this manner.
I think that while you are away, we may do a full re-install of Wowza 2.0
Resolution was as follows:
It had nothing to do with our media server, it had everything to do with the particular machine I was testing on . All other machines I tried these examples on worked as expected.
Apparently, on the machine I'm developing on, I have Flash Player 9 installed, as well as Flash Player 10, and if I attempt to disable 9 in my browser, all Flash is disabled. It's odd. So, I have a different direction to troubleshoot (entirely client side).
Thank you very much Richard and Charlie for taking the time to assist me in pointing this out.
Tags for this Thread