Video On Demand Streaming
Note: MPEG-DASH is a "preview" feature in Wowza Media Server 3.6 so it's currently disabled by default in the example VOD configuration file installed by the Installation procedures provided to the right.
To enable use of this player, follow the MPEG-DASH configuration instructions.
This example contains source code for an MPEG-DASH player using the DASH-JS package from dashif.org. It will play MPEG-DASH single and adaptive bitrate VOD MP4 streams.
In the /examples/VideoOnDemandStreaming directory:
- WINDOWS 7 / WINDOWS 8
Right-click installall.bat and then select Run as administrator
- WINDOWS SERVER
Double-click the installall.bat file
- MAC OS X
Double-click the installall.command file
- Read the Tutorials listed below.
- Click the Connect button. The video will start playing.
To play your own content
- Copy your video files to the Wowza [install-dir]\content directory.
- In the Stream field, change the mp4 file name to match one of your video files.
- Click the Connect button. Your video will start playing.
© 2013 Wowza Media Systems, LLC. All rights reserved.