Wowza GoCoder adds 4K streaming, Apple Watch, and Android Wear supportDecember 15, 2015
The just-released version 2.0 of the Wowza GoCoder™ mobile capture and encoding app adds several powerful new features—including support for 4K streaming, Apple Watch and Android Wear and compatibility with iOS 8.1 and above and Android 4.4 (API 19) or later. You'll get more efficient encoding, more reliable streaming, and better device battery life than ever before.
Connect the Wowza GoCoder app to the Wowza Streaming Cloud™ service or Wowza Streaming Engine™ software to capture and stream live HD-quality audio and video content on the go. Broadcast from any location to any screen using H.264 adaptive bitrate streaming—in real time over Wi-Fi, 4G, or 3G.
Wowza GoCoder 2.0 includes new support for the following:
- 4K video streaming at 30 fps for Apple iPhone 6s and supported Android devices
- Apple Watch and Android Wear, allowing users to start, stop, and preview GoCoder streams on their wearables
- iOS 8.1 and above and Android 4.4 (API 19) and above, which enables
- More efficient encoding
- More reliable streaming
- Improved battery life
- Video Toolbox API with GPU acceleration for iOS 8.1 and above, for increased performance
- Social media sharing and notifications when you start a stream
- Vertical (portrait mode) video recording for both iOS and Android, including autodetection of device orientation and a Lock Rotation option in the GoCoder user interface
- One-touch streaming to Wowza Streaming Cloud and Wowza Streaming Engine, including 3D touch shortcuts on Apple iOS devices.
You can download Wowza GoCoder 2.0 from the Apple App Store and Google Play.
For more detail on Wowza GoCoder, refer to the links below:
- Visit the Wowza GoCoder product page.
- Learn how one Wowza customer is using Wowza GoCoder to stream live music from anywhere.
- Check out our recent post on the Wowza GoCoder Private Label offering.