Regional Channel Manager - Asia Pacific (APAC)
Wowza Media Systems is the recognized leader in media streaming software. Wowza software powers video streaming solutions in nearly every streaming use case imaginable. Wowza customers fit every size and vertical, from broadcasters to universities, enterprises to sports content provider. Wowza works with those looking to DIY streaming solutions and is also the streaming engine ‘under the hood’ for leading service providers (e.g. CDN’s) and hardware providers (e.g. streaming appliances) across the industry. Wowza delivers video and audio streams to any screen and across any bandwidth condition, from computers to televisions to mobile devices. We have been in business since 2005, won numerous industry awards, and are deployed in more than 150 countries. As a result, we are growing rapidly, building out our teams, services and infrastructure.
This position will be responsible for initiating and managing channel partner recruitment and growth abroad. You will interact directly with Channel Partners, end user customers, prospects and internal stakeholders. Ability to communicate, written and otherwise in local language is required.
Wowza’s APAC Regional Channel Manager will build out and execute on a comprehensive sales and market development strategy for South East Asia, inclusive of India, pacific island territories, New Zealand and Australia. Work to strengthen, target and develop value add commercial partnerships and engage with end users spanning all sizes and focus verticals.
This role will become the go to Wowza subject matter expert for local operations, in-market competitive dynamics and commercial growth strategy. Through experience, direct partner engagement and a “learn by doing” attitude, this individual will develop a deep understanding of channel partner needs and expansion opportunities while representing Wowza and driving market penetration through differentiated competitive advantage.
You will work with our internal teams to craft complex offers, value propositions, and messaging that is relevant to conducting international business in designated regions and markets. Level to right audience and drive ongoing localization ‘campaigns’ and nurture tracks to drive market penetration. Communicate internally to ensure progress in developing scalable ongoing platforms, tools and processes by capturing lessons learned and best practices.
Develop commercial targets, metrics and manage against them. Map and identify ecosystem partners in targeted regions to support end-to-end solutions and drive joint leads and sales. This role will maintain a positive commercial environment to motivate and inspire a sense of urgency across active Channel Partners (resellers and/or distributors). Develop and maintain strong working relationships across Wowza team.
- Become subject matter expert for local APAC markets
- Drive commercial growth through direct partner and end user engagement
- Be expert in Wowza product/service offerings, key differentiators, and selling points
- Partner with internal stakeholders to develop and execute on localization strategy and initiatives
- Embody the “Wowza Way” and promote positive commercial environment and culture throughout Wowza’s indirect sales channel.
- Create, manage to quarterly initiatives and targets
- Attend tradeshows and events for targeted markets, strategic channel partners and software industry
- Identify key opportunities to differentiate and drive Wowza competitive advantage and growth.
- Collect and report on prospect/customer interactions as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skill & Experience Requirements
- 5+ years international business development and/or marketing experience in fast paced technical/ software environment
- Frequent international travel, residence in local market strongly preferred
- Ability to communicate, written or otherwise in local language
- Outstanding ability to set goals & objectives and quantify success and build case for additional resource investment
- Ability to establish and cultivate strong internal and customer focused relationships and work seamlessly within a matrix managed environment
- Ability to learn and understand specific commercial requirements and nuances present in assigned international regions.
- Fluency with Salesforce.com required
- Strong communication, presentation skills, analytical thinking
- Self-starter who takes initiative and works with limited direction
- Highly trusted individual who maintains and expect high standards for self and team
This is a great opportunity to join an innovative, successful start-up that is passionate about our customers and has a track record of delivering results. Please submit your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.