Wowza Media Systems creates disruptive technologies for delivering video and audio streams to any screen, from computers to televisions to mobile devices. We have been in business since 2005, won numerous industry awards, and are deployed in more than 150 countries. As a result, we are growing rapidly, building out our teams, services and infrastructure.
Responsible for providing the direct sales support to prospects, customers, and resellers on how to deploy Wowza technology to their unique streaming media environment to drive the sale. Role will include researching prospective inquiries and technology needs, staying abreast of latest technology solutions, and having a deep understanding of Wowza technology performance in a variety of environments. Critical value of this role is adding to Wowza’s insight into customer best practice and success stories. Reporting to the Director of Inside Sales, this position interacts directly with external prospects/customers and internal stakeholders. This position will be based in our Golden office. Strong Bias to an individual who can engage in the sales cycle from prospect to close with consultative selling skills.
- Be an expert in Wowza products & solutions.
- Know & understand evolving streaming media market, including competitive landscape.
- Work together with respective Account Executives within the Sales Organization to achieve and exceed quarterly/yearly sales quota by focusing on large/strategic accounts and opportunities.
- Engage with prospects as the technical lead throughout all stages of the sales cycle. Build and maintain trusted advisor relationship with assigned accounts.
- Respond to RFPs and RFIs, product feature and benefit selling and pricing quotation
- Perform technical discovery and qualification of sales opportunities.
- Conduct effective product demonstrations both remotely and in person.
- Create custom solutions to address specific business needs of a particular prospect.
- Advise prospects on the best ways to use Wowza products in a particular situation.
- Ensure timely resolution of technical issues through Tech Support Team collaborations.
- Regularly communicate with R&D and Product Management in particular to help bring innovation to our products and services.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- College degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in technical sales as a Pre-Sales Engineer, Sales Engineer, Solutions Engineer, Solutions Architect or other similar role. Strong preference for experience with an OVP, CDN, Streaming Services Provider, or other streaming related company.
- Clear understanding of all stages of the sales cycle and Sales Engineer’s role in the sales process.
- Excellent presentation in person and over the phone. Comfortable speaking in front of a live audience.
- Ability to clearly articulate value behind complex technical solutions, adjust approach for different audiences.
- Ability to manage multiple inquires in a timely manner and ability to lead the sales process to resolution within tight timeframes
- Past experience in streaming media industry a huge plus.
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills.
- Technology enthusiast.
What we love about working for Wowza
- Million Dollar Views of the Mountains, Denver Metro, and Live Buffalo!
- Strong benefits package including Health, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance and 401k match
- An appetizing kitchen stocked with food and drinks…. dog treats too!
- The ability to work with amazing clients such as US Air Force, SpaceX, Panasonic and IBM
- Yoga Classes and Gym Discounts to satisfy that urge to move
- Brand new spacious office with state of the art equipment
- Success based compensation that rewards performance!
This is a great opportunity to join an innovative, successful start-up that is passionate about our customers and has a track record of delivering results. Please submit your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.