Senior Software Engineer - Streaming
Who We Are:
Wowza Media Systems (www.wowza.com) creates streaming products and services for delivering video and audio streams to any screen, from desktops to televisions to mobile devices. We have been in business for over ten years, won numerous industry awards, and are driving over 19,000 customers in more than 170 countries.
We are committed to shaping the streaming industry and lead the way with products and services that both simplify streaming, and provide tools for advanced users to build their own customized solutions. By staying true to our focus on customer success we continue to redefine our industry and impact the world. As a result, we are growing rapidly, building out our teams, services and infrastructure. .
Who we Need:
Someone looking to play an instrumental role in the rapid growth objectives of a successful startup! Someone with a winning, humorous, and experimental attitude with a willingness to engage and make results happen and learn by doing.
The person is this role will be responsible for:
- Responsible for the full software lifecycle from design, development and testing all the way through testing, training and production customer support.
- Participation in cross-functional projects from conception through deployment
- Prioritize and multitask simultaneous projects while helping to increase revenue
- Write high quality code, participate in code reviews, design/architect systems of varying complexity and scope, and create high quality documentation supporting the design/coding tasks
- Participate in internal projects that help scale the organization, implement best practices, and improve our methodology.
- Analyze and address defects identified by QA and tech support.
- File patents as appropriate
Qualifications and Experience:
- Expert-level knowledge of application design and coding techniques, as well as a thorough understanding of installation, testing methodologies and troubleshooting techniques including interacting with client support, working with clients and solving client issues
- Extensive experience with one or more of the common streaming protocols – RTMP, RTSP, HLS, MPEG-DASH, WebRTC
- Experience 'owning' the design of a major/large component of an application or software architecture.
- Strong foundation in OO Design and multithreaded applications
- Experience with Scrum/Kanban/Agile development methodology
- Experience with multiple media codecs a plus – h264, h265, VP8, VP9
- Experience with Wowza Media Server a plus
- Experience with Android or mobile development a plus
- Experience developing cross platform web client applications a plus
- TDD and unit test development experience desired
- Familiarity with build automation, git branching and continuous integration desired
- Experience creating and documenting public APIs and creating publicly available SDKs
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field and 7+ years of experience in software development
What we love about working for Wowza:
- Million Dollar Views of the Mountains, Denver Metro, and Live Buffalo!
- Strong benefits package including Health, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance, PTO and 401k match
- An appetizing kitchen stocked with food and drinks…. dog treats too!
- The ability to work with amazing clients and partners such as ESPN, Walt Disney, Facebook, US Air Force, Harvard University and Amazon
- Yoga Classes and Gym Discounts to satisfy that urge to move
- Spacious office with state of the art equipment
This is a great opportunity to build an exciting and rewarding career with an innovative, successful emerging technology company that is passionate about our customers and has a track record of delivering results. Please submit your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.