Senior Systems Engineer
Who We Are
Wowza Media Systems (www.wowza.com) creates streaming products and services for delivering video and audio streams to any screen, from desktops to televisions to mobile devices. We have been in business for over ten years, won numerous industry awards, and are driving over 19,000 customers in more than 170 countries.
We are committed to shaping the streaming industry and lead the way with products and services that both simplify streaming, and provide tools for advanced users to build their own customized solutions. By staying true to our focus on customer success we continue to redefine our industry and impact the world. As a result, we are growing rapidly, building out our teams, services and infrastructure.
We are currently seeking a Senior Systems Engineer who will work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate our systems. You will be responsible for helping automate and streamline our operations and processes, building and maintaining tools for release automation, continuous integration, deployment, monitoring, trouble shooting and resolving issues in our development, test, and production environments.
- Responsible for the full system lifecycle from design, development and testing all the way through testing, deployment, operating and production customer support.
- Participation in cross-functional projects from conception through deployment.
- Prioritize and multitask simultaneous projects while helping to increase revenue.
- Assure 24/7/365 systems availability.
- Participate in internal projects that help scale the organization, implement best practices, and improve our methodology.
- Design/architect highly scalable, available systems of varying complexity and scope.
- File patents as appropriate
Qualifications and Experience
- Expert-level knowledge of systems design, administration, and coding techniques, as well as a thorough understanding of installation, testing methodologies and troubleshooting techniques including interacting with client support, working with clients and solving client issues
- Experience 'owning' the design of a major/large component of a system architecture.
- Experience with continuous integration, build infrastructure and automation.
- Experience creating and documenting public APIs and creating publicly available SDKs
- Experience designing and implementing secure, scalable, highly available infrastructures both on premise and in the cloud
- Experience with a variety of relevant technologies including Linux administration, Shell Scripting, Git, Jenkins, Chef/Puppet, Graylog, Monit, Icinga, AWS services, Wowza Media Server, Java
- Knowledge of scaling streaming media delivery and streaming media SaaS platforms
- Experience with Wowza Media Server a plus
- TDD and unit test experience a plus
- Scrum/Agile development methodology a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field and 10+ years of experience in systems engineering
What we love about working for Wowza
- Million Dollar Views of the Mountains, Denver Metro, and Live Buffalo!
- Strong benefits package including Health, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance, PTO and 401k match
- An appetizing kitchen stocked with food and drinks…. dog treats too!
- The ability to work with amazing clients and partners such as ESPN, Walt Disney, Facebook, US Air Force, Harvard University and Amazon
- Yoga Classes and Gym Discounts to satisfy that urge to move
- Spacious office with state of the art equipment
This is a great opportunity to build an exciting and rewarding career with an innovative, successful emerging technology company that is passionate about our customers and has a track record of delivering results. Please submit your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.