Encoder ---> Mpeg-ts (mpeg2 + audio) --- > Origin server (Live transcoding to h264 + aac, Two qualities) ---> Edge server ---> SilverLight player (testing player from wowza examples).
I’m playing sinle stream (…stream_576p/manifest). Using transcoding template “transcode.xml”.
We have this problem: SilverLight player throws every 5 minutes (2 – 10 minutes) error „MediaError: 3050 reached the end of known chunk list“ (or something similar with error 3050). It does the same when I connect to origing and the edge server. If I use Flash player, everything works fine.
From observation: there is rising delay between Player and stream from wowza (compared against flash player). When the gap is bigger than 30 sec, the exception appears. The delay comes up randomly – there are small lags... Sometimes there is the exception after shorter time difference.
When I open accesslog or error log there are no messages since start of playback of the stream.
When I ping from Encoder to orign or from origin to edge. I have stable delay 1ms (biggest delay is 5ms).
It seems to me that when I test two independat streams (two application) on one server, they ussually stops at the same time in the player.
I have tried few with no solution:
Setup keyframe interval on 2 seconds in transcode.xml.
I don’t want to increase buffer in wowza or SilverLight player, because 60 seconds delay is the limit for the customer.
Auto restart stream in the player when the error occures is not the solution too, because user would lose video in the video buffer.
Second question is there way to monitor, that transcoding works fine? Sometimes there are some probles wit transcoding – video plays jerky something like 5 FPS, insted of 25 FPS. After restart it is OK.
Finally I found out the reason why there was „MediaError: 3050 reached the end of known chunk list“ in SilverLight player.
It was because of “automatic adjusting of system time”. When you change system time (slightly – few seconds, or one minute) on windows server, Wowza streaming interupts the SilverLight stream. Probably flush its buffer with chunks and starts over.
We used “net time” monitor tool, which did that adjustments every 5 – 20 minutes.
Wowza log: nothing! (on normal logging level)
In the Windows Eventlog, there were events:
Message: The system time has changed to ‎2012‎-‎01‎-‎31T12:41:50.230000000Z from ‎2012‎-‎01‎-‎31T12:41:50.225329500Z.
Disable changing system time 
Switch off / Reconfigure services:
- “Net time” monitoring tool
- “Windows time”
With disabled services above, video in Silverlight runs fluent for few hours…