I've had Wowza Streaming Engine running for a few weeks, working on getting my player config tuned properly. Today when I tried to go in to look at the server state, I got a surprise: http://<server IP>:8088/enginemanager/ doesn't respond (gives me "Safari can't open the page "<server IP>:8088/enginemanager/" because Safari can't connect to the server "<server IP>".
I can connect to port 8086 to look at serverinfo or connectioncounts just fine, and I can still play live videos over port 1935.
"netstat -nat" doesn't show anything open on port 8088, and "lsof -p <Wowza PID> | grep TCP" also shows nothing listening. Restarting Wowza didn't appear to make any difference.