I can't seem to properly get my module installed on my server. The correct folders and Application.xml files are all in their proper places.
It works locally. I can run the simulated server through the eclipse debugger and use my app just fine.
However, when attempt to move it to my actual EC2 instance (that is, the officially-provided AMI available
here), it breaks in one of two ways:
1) No error message on the server or the client. The client simply hangs trying to connect.
2) This error message appears on the server
loadModFunctions[recorder/_definst_]: Module class not found or could not be loaded. Check [install-dir]/conf/recorder/Application.xml to be sure all Modules/Module/Class paths are correct: name:RecorderModule class:com.xxxxxxxxx.recorder.RecorderModules
The client can connect and publish streams, but it cannot use any of the functionality contained in the module.
I can produce problem #1 when I just copy my .jar file over and put it in the lib folder. I think my problem here is similar to the one in
So I, based on that, I tried to combine my dependencies in with my .jar, and all attempts so far led to error message #2. I even attempted to edit my META-INF/MANIFEST.MF file of the combined .jar to include the "Main-Class" of my application as it is in the debug settings of Eclipse, which is "com.wowza.wms.bootstrap.Bootstrap", but that didn't help.
I've tried to use both a Runnable Jar file and a regular Jar archive through Eclipse, but I was not able to get my module working on my server.