Wowza Community

Dash CORs issues with Chromecast

I followed these instructions. I am still getting CORS issues on chromecast…

When trying to access a fragment

Access to XMLHttpRequest at ‘https://3caa135e0a9d.ngrok.io/live/livestream/segment_ctaudio_cfm4s_ridp0aa0br160527_cs299200032_w1461191051_mpd.m4s’ from origin ‘https://static.electroteque.org’ has been blocked by CORS policy: No ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ header is present on the requested resource.

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-stream-from-an-android-device-to-the-google-chromecast-device

cupertinoAddEndListOnDisconnect true Boolean cupertino.addEndListOnDisconnect true Boolean httpUserHTTPHeaders Access-Control-Allow-Origin:*|Access-Control-Allow-Credentials:true|Access-Control-Expose-Headers:Date|Access-Control-Allow-Methods:HEAD, GET, POST|Access-Control-Allow-Headers:Overwrite, Destination, Content-Type, Depth, User-Agent, X-File-Size, X-Requested-With, If-Modified-Since, X-File-Name, Cache-Control, Range String mpegdashUserHTTPHeaders Access-Control-Allow-Origin:*|Access-Control-Allow-Methods:GET, HEAD, OPTIONS String

Hi @Daniel_Rossi I see your ticket on this, but it’s one of those things where nobody in the community would be able to debug without reviewing your configuration.

cupertinoAddEndListOnDisconnect you may already know is when the source times out or disconnects.

The only other thing I can suggest until an engineer reviews your ticket is it is possible that the HLS packetizer for the stream destined for the Chromecast needs to be adjusted for a longer chunk duration.

In the Application.xml for the application you are using please check the HTTPStreamers to make sure it has at least cupertinostreaming. If you’re using an edge server, it could be it’s not returning over https. If you have a load balancer configuration, please set cupertinoRelativePlaylistPlaylists to false in the HTTP Streamers Cupertino Settings Properties section for each of your load balancers.

The only way to provide you with a quality answer however is with further investigation in your ticket.

My first issue is Live Dash in Chromecast throwing 403 forbidden errors on the manifest request because of CORS. Even though I have CORS configured. Its not a problem over a mapped domain locally.

I tried a combination of these.

<Property>
				<Name>httpUserHTTPHeaders</Name>
				<Value>Access-Control-Allow-Origin:*|Access-Control-Allow-Credentials:true|Access-Control-Expose-Headers:Date|Access-Control-Allow-Methods:HEAD, GET, POST|Access-Control-Allow-Headers:Overwrite, Destination, Content-Type, Depth, User-Agent, X-File-Size, X-Requested-With, If-Modified-Since, X-File-Name, Cache-Control, Range</Value>
				<Type>String</Type>
			</Property>
			<Property>
				<Name>mpegdashUserHTTPHeaders</Name>
				<Value>Access-Control-Allow-Origin:*|Access-Control-Allow-Methods:GET, HEAD, OPTIONS</Value>
				<Type>String</Type>
			</Property>

My issue trying to get ENDLIST working with HLS is for an offline reconnect plugin feature I am working on for players.

https://videojs.electroteque.org/offline

I tried a combination of these and nothing. I still have no idea where the config is supposed to go

<Property>
				<Name>cupertinoAddEndListOnDisconnect</Name>
				<Value>true</Value>
				<Type>Boolean</Type>
			</Property>
			<Property>
				<Name>cupertino.addEndListOnDisconnect</Name>
				<Value>true</Value>
				<Type>Boolean</Type>
			</Property>