Wowza Community

How to Enable/Disable the transcoder via rest?

Hi Guys,

I have created an application via a REST call. But I don’t know what to set in the REST Call to enable the transcoder module for the application.

I have set my TranscoderConfig as per But I still have to go into the Wowza Manager and manually enable the transcoder addon.

I see “LiveStreamTranscoder” is set to transcoder in my TranscoderConfig element once I have enabled the transcoder in the Wowza Manager. But including it in my TranscoderConfig does nothing.

How can I create an application using REST where the transcoder addon is enabled?


So it turns out in our example it doesn’t put in a default value for the liveStreamTranscoder element. So refer to this example but you’ll want to add the following to the transcoderConfig portion:

"transcoderConfig": {
      "restURI": "http://localhost:8087/v2/servers/_defaultServer_/vhosts/_defaultVHost_/applications/testlive/transcoder",
      "available": true,
      "licensed": true,
      "licenses": -1,
      "licensesInUse": 0,
      "templates": {
         "restURI": "http://localhost:8087/v2/servers/_defaultServer_/vhosts/_defaultVHost_/applications/testlive/transcoder/templates",
         "templates": [
               "id": "transcode",
               "href": "http://localhost:8087/v2/servers/_defaultServer_/vhosts/_defaultVHost_/applications/testlive/transcoder/templates/transcode"
               "id": "audioonly",
               "href": "http://localhost:8087/v2/servers/_defaultServer_/vhosts/_defaultVHost_/applications/testlive/transcoder/templates/audioonly"
               "id": "transcode-h265-divx",
               "href": "http://localhost:8087/v2/servers/_defaultServer_/vhosts/_defaultVHost_/applications/testlive/transcoder/templates/transcode-h265-divx"
               "id": "transrate",
               "href": "http://localhost:8087/v2/servers/_defaultServer_/vhosts/_defaultVHost_/applications/testlive/transcoder/templates/transrate"
      [B]"liveStreamTranscoder": "transcoder",[/B]
      "templatesInUse": "${SourceStreamName}.xml,transrate.xml",
      "profileDir": "${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/transcoder/profiles",
      "templateDir": "${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/transcoder/templates",
      "createTemplateDir": false



Thanks for the update and glad you got this working.


Great, thanks! that worked

I tried something similar, but set “LiveStreamTranscoder” instead of “liveStreamTranscoder”