Testing your encoding setup
The Wowza Video standard support plan offers a 48-hour turnaround during business hours, so make sure to test your entire setup at least three business days before your event . It’s also recommended to make sure your video source is ready to stream at least two hours before the scheduled start time, and to start the video source at least 15 minutes before the event begins.
To test your entire setup:
- Run the primary and backup encoders with a test stream for at least 30 minutes each.
- Preview the stream using the Wowza Video player on a variety of screens and devices.
- View the stream on your Wowza Video hosted page, if you have one.
- View the stream on external players and websites, if you’re using them.
- If you’re recording, check that the recording captures supported audio and video as expected.
More Suggestions for Optimal Encoding Practices can be found here: