we have several (licensed, of course) wowza servers as (internal) proxies and I need more information about the statistics wowza collects in the stats directory, I could not find comprehensive and detailed information in the current documentation.
I need more info about these things (for now):
- What is the default retention time for the statistics?
- How to configure this retention time?
- What is the default granularity for the statistics collection (every x minutes?)
- How to configure this granularity?
- What exactly is the file format that these statistics are stored in?
- How to access these files besides the REST API?
- How to do backups of these statistics?
- Will an uprade take over my old statistics?
- How to merge statistics of several servers?
- Do you offer an statistics exporter for Prometheus?
Thank you very much for your attention!
BTW neither of these words are available as “topics”, what shows quite well that these seem to be a little bit underrated issues here: metrics, statis, statistics, data, retention, log, logfiles. These should be first class citizen words in an admin forum!
Have a nice day,