Announcing Wowza Streaming Engine 4.8.14
Here’s what’s new.
The latest release of Wowza Streaming Engine includes fixes and enhancements to accelerate live stream transcoding and introduces Beamr has a replacement for MainConcept for H.264 and HEVC/H.265 transcoding.
Upgrade to CUDA 11.
We’ve upgraded CUDA support to CUDA 11 for NVIDIA GPU-accelerated live stream transcoding. This upgrade supports using the latest NVIDIA drivers for transcoding at greater scale and speed. The NVIDIA microarchitecture of your hardware must support CUDA 11, and using NVIDIA driver version 460.00 or later is required.
Beamr as replacement of MainConcept for H.264 and HEVC/H.265 transcoding.
This release sunsets support for MainConcept H.264 and HEVC/H.265 video transcoding. As part of that sunset, it updates the default encoding and decoding implementations for H.264 and HEVC/H.265 video to Beamr. Beamr is a state-of-the-art encoder and decoder for high-quality video and efficient transcoding. If you update to Wowza Streaming Engine 4.8.14 from an earlier version, existing transcoder templates that use the default encoding or decoding implementation for H.264 and HEVC/H.265 video will automatically start using Beamr.
- Upgraded CUDA support to CUDA 11.
- Sunset support for MainConcept H.264 and HEVC/H.265 video encoding and decoding.
- Mapped the following advanced MainConcept encoding parameters to Beamr equivalents for H.264, with values automatically adjusted as needed.
- Fixed an issue with the beamr4.kbps and beamr4.max_kbps parameters not working.
- Fixed an issue in which the Beamr encoder was not producing B-frames when configured to do so.
- Fixed a CSRF security vulnerability in which delete calls from Wowza Streaming Engine Manager could also be called from third-party web pages if the user is logged into Wowza Streaming Engine Manager.
Full list of improvements/fixes here:
Download Wowza Streaming Engine 4.8.14 today.
To get started, download the installer from the Downloads page, or download the updater from the “My Downloads” tab after you log into your Wowza Account.