As a newbie, it’s hard to know where to start with this question. We own Wowza streaming engine as well as JW Player. We use both to provide video content in digital collections publically and informational videos internally on our intranet. We don’t do much “live” broadcasting.
- Are there any good resources (preferably video) that provide a thorough explanation of VOD (I assume that’s the appropriate description of what we’re doing)
- Starting with an overview and then how the different pieces fit together?
- What roll Wowza plays
- What roll JW Player plays
- What are the benefits of using JW Player over something like a simple HTML5
- With our intranet now hosted in the cloud (it wasn’t previously), we’d like to stream video to our cloud intranet.
- Is that something Wowza (with or without JW Player) can do? if so, how? I assume I through embedding.
- I’ve noticed I can copy a youtube video link to our intranet (and other places) and it works just fine. What does YT do that makes their videos basically work “anywhere” ?
Sorry for all the questions, like I said at the start, it was hard to know where to begin
Thanks for any help or points in the right direction.