SRT (Secure Reliable Transport) brings the best-quality live video over even the most unpredictable networks. It accounts for packet loss, jitter and fluctuating bandwidth, maintaining the integrity and quality of your stream. Benefits include:
- Pristine Quality: Provides professional, high-grade video across any network.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Replaces expensive satellite networks or rigid MPLS networks with the more affordable and flexible internet.
- Operational Flexibility: Allows you to deliver two-way, interactive video from anywhere with an internet connection.
- Low Latency: Enables real-time IP communications as fast as UDP with the reliability of TCP/IP.
- Media-Agnostic: SRT is merely a wrapper around your content—be it MPEG-2, H.264 or even HEVC.
- Secure: Industry-standard encryption for security over the Internet.
Wowza Streaming Engine can both ingest and deliver an SRT stream.
Here is our full step-by-step SRT tutorial where we use Wirecast as the encoder. You can use any encoder you want, but it must support SRT.