Wowza Community

TBS Encoder -> RTMP ingest don't work since Wowza Update (possible 4.8.11/12 bug)

Since wowza update us TBS Encoders can’t ingest to Wowza Streaming Engine. Thats a urgent issue for us. We have hundred encoders from this model:

2021-07-06	10:09:39	UTC	connect-pending	session	INFO 	100	xx.xx.xx.xx	-	_defaultVHost_	live	_definst_	0.267	[any]	1935	rtmp://xx.xx.xx.xx:1935/live	xx.xx.xx.xx	rtmp	-	FMLE/3.0 (compatible; Lavf55.33.100)	95559668	3231	3073	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	rtmp://xx.xx.xx.xx:1935/live	-

2021-07-06	10:09:39	UTC	connect	session	INFO 	401	xx.xx.xx.xx	-	_defaultVHost_	live	_definst_	0.268	[any]	1935	rtmp://xx.xx.xx.xx:1935/live	xx.xx.xx.xx	rtmp	-	FMLE/3.0 (compatible; Lavf55.33.100)	95559668	3231	3073	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	rtmp://xx.xx.xx.xx:1935/live	-

2021-07-06	10:09:39	UTC	disconnect	session	INFO	 200	95559668	-	_defaultVHost_	live	_definst_	0.412	[any]	1935	rtmp://xx.xx.xx.xx:1935/live	xx.xx.xx.xx	rtmp	-	FMLE/3.0 (compatible; Lavf55.33.100)	95559668	3243	3312	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	rtmp://xx.xx.xx.xx:1935/live	-

Why i got 401 Error ? Username, password, all correct. nothing changed. We have only make a update from Wowza 4.8.0 to 4.8.12 (I see a changeling note from 4.8.11: * Updated the default value of Flash Version String to fix an issue with connecting to Elemental Live encoders.).

Looks like the update make this 401 error. Again, we have nothing change on us encoders!!

Sorry you have run into this issue, but I’m confirming you are saying you updated from 4.8.0 to 4.8.12? Because that’s a very big leap forward and there were several breaking changes in versions between those two versions and they all would affect 4.8.12, (especially in 4.8.5), it could be a few different things.

Could this be what’s affecting you?

Java support: Wowza Streaming Engine 4.8.5 is built on Java 9 (OpenJDK Java SE JRE 9.0.4), but can be used with Java versions 9-12. For more information, see Manually install and troubleshoot Java on Wowza Streaming Engine

#Breaking changes in Wowza Streaming Engine 4.8.5

If you’re updating from a version of Wowza Streaming Engine earlier than 4.8.5, the following file and library changes break functionality if you don’t take steps to address them.

Tech support will need you to send a ticket to investigate what broke and why. We don’t typically suggest upgrading from such an earlier version to our most recent without support assistance since there were so many breaking changes between 4.8.0 and 4.8.12, including the authorization method.

Please submit one here:

Hello Rose,

Your post makes sense. Therefore, I have booted a completely new instance in GCP. The problem, as described above, unfortunately persists despite a fresh install on the latest version 4.8.13+. We unfortunately need to find a solution here, as we have a lot of encoders, and we need to update to the New Wowza version because of a New feature. This is unfortunately currently a showstopper.

Agreed, no matter what the reason, if it’s not working and we need to get you back up and running. Tech support is asking you please get a support ticket in where the engineers can access all your files/logs and look at your encoders/system to get you back up.

Upgrading and then things break is frustrating I know, but we can help you once we identify what needs to fixed. I suspect it may have to with username/password authentication changes we made in Engine and wowza can’t find your TBS encoder or our latest version may not be compatible with the your version of firmware meaning we may need to update some libraries in the encoder. Could also be a port issue- so we need to investigate.

Because we can’t do anything but guess in the forums, please send in a ticket as soon as you can! It’s a 48 hr response time for standard support.