Hey Scott, thanks for the additional info You’ll need to submit a support ticket per tech support. There is no way to debug in forums or identify the issue with the transcoded versions without full access to your files and logs.
This requires an official ticket where you can upload that info. I did check the status report for our transcoder and we have no reports of issues with mp4s and different resolutions or bitrates. We’ll need to take a closer look and run some tests on your setup.
As a reminder the biggest reason we see this happen with transcoded versions, is the keyframes are not aligned on all versions so there is a choppy transition… But, I have no way of knowing if that is what is going on here.
I also wrote a short article in Nov on some best mobile best practices that may be part of the issue for you as well since you’re seeing the problem on playback:
For mobile streaming, it’s best to encode streams using a low bitrate, frame rate, and low encoding complexity. A total bitrate of between 64Kbps and 250Kbps is best.
Many mobile devices may not be able to handle a full 30 frames per second (fps). A frame rate between 15fps and 24fps may be best for mobile. It’s best to encode to a lower H.264 complexity. Most mobile devices only support H.264 Baseline profile.
But, again these are all guesses without us seeing your files. Sorry we can’t diagnose without that- I know you’d like this resolved asap.