My requirement is that I will receive via an HTTP API a schedule of multiple streams and playlists to be played. The list will have the metadata, video URL and time to be played. I will use the Engine to play this as per the schedule.
From reading the docs, I have found these steps to do right from the beginning:
- Create an application using the REST API (docs/application-management-query-examples)
- Create an SMIL file using the REST API (docs/smil-files-query-examples)
- Schedule the SMIL to be played by adding the Scheduler plugin (docs/how-to-schedule-streaming-with-wowza-streaming-engine-streampublisher) and configuring it to use the SMIL file created in step 2.
- Add the SCTE-35 markers by following these steps (docs/how-to-enable-player-side-ad-insertion-using-wowza-streaming-engine).
Can’t include links so these are all Wowza docs links
My questions are:
- Is there any other step to do to finish the scheduler?
- Does the scheduler plugin have to be modified in any way or the default implementation is enough?
- Is there an easier way to create the SMIL file? Does Wowza have a library to create it or do I just use JAXB?
- Is Step 4 the right way to insert the SCTE-35 marker?
- Is there a way to add SCTE-35 markers in the SMIL file?