What is the difference between Java modules and HTTP providers? I have read the definition in the documentation(docs/about-the-wowza-streaming-engine-java-api) but I am finding it difficult to understand the concepts.
- What are the major differences between them?
- What are the kind of works that modules should do and not the providers and vice versa?
- Why are modules tied to an application, but providers are not?
- What kind of data can modules access to but not the providers and vice versa?
- A custom provider can be added by editing the VHost.xml file. How can a custom module be added without using the Streaming Manager?