Wowza DRM technology in Wowza™ media server software provides integration with third-party digital rights management (DRM) key management systems to add on-the-fly encryption for live and video-on-demand workflows. For live workflows, per-stream encryption is available with the ability to rotate keys. For on-demand workflows, per-asset and per-session encryption is available with the ability to rotate keys. Both live and on-demand key rotation support is available for Apple HTTP Live Streaming (Apple HLS).
Currently, integration is supported for the following key management systems:
- BuyDRM KeyOS. Supports Microsoft PlayReady protected Apple HLS and Microsoft Smooth Streaming playback with BuyDRM players on iOS-based devices (iPhone/iPad) and Windows Phone devices.
- EZDRM. Supports Smooth Streaming playback with Silverlight clients.
- Verimatrix VCAS. Supports Apple HLS playback with ViewRight clients on iOS-based devices, Android devices, PCs, and set-top boxes.
RequirementsWowza DRM works with the following Wowza media server software versions:
- Wowza Streaming Engine™
- Wowza Media Server™ (version 3 and later)
Licensing Wowza DRMPerpetual and Subscription licenses for Wowza Streaming Engine software provide for unlimited connections to the media server software instance and enable use of the Wowza DRM technology that's integrated with each licensed instance.
More resourcesTo get started with Wowza DRM technology, see the following articles:
- How to set up and test BuyDRM KeyOS DRM (PlayReady)
- How to set up EZDRM PlayReady DRM (Smooth Streaming)
- How to set up EZDRM Fairplay Streaming DRM (HLS)
- How to set up EZDRM Universal DRM (MPEG-DASH)
- How to set up Verimatrix DRM
- How to secure Smooth Streaming using PlayReady DRM (Silverlight)
- How to protect streams for delivery to INSIDE Secure player technology