Wowza DRM technology in Wowza Streaming Engine™ media server software provides integration with third-party digital rights management (DRM) key management systems to add on-the-fly encryption to live and video-on-demand workflows. For live workflows, per-stream encryption is available with the ability to rotate keys. For on-demand workflows, per-asset and per-session encryption is available with the ability to rotate keys. Both live and on-demand key rotation support is available for Apple HLS streaming.
Currently, Wowza Streaming Engine supports the following key management systems:
- BuyDRM KeyOS – Supports Microsoft PlayReady protected Apple HLS and Microsoft Smooth Streaming playback with BuyDRM players on iOS-based devices (iPhone/iPad) and Windows Phone devices.
- EZDRM FairPlay Streaming – Supports Apple HLS playback.
- EZDRM PlayReady – Supports Smooth Streaming playback with Silverlight clients.
- EZDRM Universal – Supports MPEG-DASH playback.
- Verimatrix VCAS – Supports Apple HLS playback with ViewRight clients on iOS-based devices, Android devices, PCs, and set-top boxes.
Perpetual and Subscription licenses for Wowza Streaming Engine provide for unlimited connections to a software instance and enable use of the Wowza DRM technology that's integrated with each licensed instance.
Note: If you purchased a license for Wowza Streaming Engine or Wowza Media Server software before January 1, 2015, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about how to license Wowza DRM.
To get started with Wowza DRM technology, see any of the following articles: