With Wowza ClearCaster™ appliances, you can broadcast to a wide variety of destinations including the Wowza Streaming Cloud service; a Wowza Streaming Engine instance; video-sharing websites such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitch, and Twitter; and other RTMP-based destinations.
This article describes how to create a shared broadcast.
About shared broadcasts
Shared broadcasts provide a way for users to manage broadcasts without requiring you to add them as a support contact. To learn more about support contacts, see Get help for Wowza ClearCaster.
Shared broadcasts are accessed via a unique URL. The URL only allows access to the broadcast to which it's associated. You can add more than one shared URL to a broadcast. You can also configure the URL to expire after a certain number of days.
Create a shared broadcast
- Sign in to Wowza ClearCaster Manager at clearcaster.wowza.com with your Wowza account.
- Click Broadcast in the menu bar.
- Click the Share button for the broadcast you wish to share.
- Enter a name, expiration date, and passphrase.
- Name – The name of the shared broadcast URL.
- Expires – The number of days before the shared URL expires. Valid values are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7.
- Passphrase – An alphanumeric string that users must enter when accessing a shared broadcast (must be at least eight characters in length).
- Click Generate Sharing URL.
The shared broadcast URL is displayed at the top of the Share broadcast dialog.
Access a shared broadcast
- Open a browser, enter the shared broadcast URL in the address bar, and press Enter.
- Enter the passphrase and click OK.