Learn how to use the Wowza Player Builder for Ultra Low Latency to preview your Wowza Streaming Cloud ultra low latency stream and to get the embed code you need so that viewers can watch the stream from your webpage.
- Ultra low latency streaming and the Wowza Player Builder for Ultra Low Latency are available through subscription to Wowza Streaming Cloud with Ultra Low Latency. For more information about configuring ultra low latency streaming, see Get started with Wowza Streaming Cloud ultra low latency streaming or Get started with ultra low latency streaming using the Wowza Streaming Cloud REST API.
- Wowza Player for Ultra Low Latency works with the latest version of most modern web browsers such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge.
- Wowza Player for Ultra Low Latency currently supports HLS fallback streams only for browser-based playback on iOS devices. HLS fallback streams have higher latency than ultra low latency streams. For ultra low latency stream playback on iOS devices, see Play a Wowza Streaming Cloud ultra low latency stream with Wowza GoCoder SDK for iOS.
Configure playback with Wowza Player Builder
- Go to the Wowza Player Builder for Ultra Low Latency.
- When prompted, enter the license key for your Wowza services and then click Apply.
Hint: You can prepopulate the License Key, Stream Source, and Backup Stream Source (if HLS is enabled) information by navigating to the Wowza Player Builder for Ultra Low Latency from within the Wowza Streaming Cloud web manager:
- In Wowza Streaming Cloud, click Advanced on the menu bar, and then click Stream Targets.
- Select an ultra low latency target on the Stream Targets page.
- Click Test player for Wowza ultra low latency targets to launch Wowza Player for Ultra Low Latency with prepopulated fields.
- In the Source Stream Information area, for Stream Source, enter the WebSocket playback URL for your ultra low latency stream target. For example,
If Wowza Player is loaded over HTTPS, you must provide a secure playback URL. For example, wss://edge.cdn.wowza.com/live/_definst_/0P1q1UHJEN1RzbXdRVGszMHoxWm15f33/stream.ws
- Enter a Backup Stream Source HLS playback URL to be used by mobile devices or in the event that WebSocket connection attempts fail. The HLS playback URL is available if you enable HLS when creating the ultra low latency stream target with the Wowza Streaming Cloud REST API. For example,
Note: Ultra low latency streams are subject to a default viewer limit of simultaneous viewers per stream according to the subscription plan you select. If this limit is exceeded, new stream viewers will receive an error and won't be able to establish a connection. If you have enabled and configured HLS as a backup for playback, ultra low latency stream viewers beyond the allotted limit can view the steam via the fallback HLS connection. See Wowza Streaming Cloud REST API limits for more information about limits.
- Enter a Title and Description that will appear on the player, and adjust the player Size options if desired.
- Click Player Options, and then select or edit any of the Playback Options and add a video poster image if desired.
- If desired, click Advanced and enter custom properties and their values. For available custom properties see Customize Wowza Player with configuration properties.
- Click Update Preview and then click the Play button in the player preview to test your settings.
When you're satisfied with your player settings, get the HTML embed code and prepare your webpage to include it.
- Click Get Embed Code.
- Copy the HTML DIV element from the second field, Create an HTML element to contain your video, and paste it at the top of the BODY section of your webpage.
- Copy the code from the third field, Embed the Wowza Player, into the BODY section of your webpage after the HTML player element DIV element.
Example HTML webpage with Wowza Player embed code
When you're done, a basic HTML webpage will look something like this:
- About ultra low latency streaming with Wowza Streaming Cloud
- Get started with Wowza Streaming Cloud ultra low latency streaming
- Get started with ultra low latency streaming using the Wowza Streaming Cloud REST API
- Play a Wowza Streaming Cloud ultra low latency stream with Wowza GoCoder SDK for iOS
- Play a Wowza Streaming Cloud ultra low latency stream with Wowza GoCoder SDK for Android