The embed code generated by Wowza Player Builder points to the most recent (latest) version of Wowza Player by default, but you can edit the embed code to use an earlier version. We usually recommend that you use the latest version, but specifying an earlier version can be used as a workaround to any bugs introduced in the latest.
To specify the Wowza Player version you want to use, do the following:
- Sign in to Wowza Player Builder.
- On the Source Stream Information tab, enter a valid License Key. For licensing details, see Access Wowza Player.
- Enter your HLS stream URL in the Source Stream field.
- Update the rest of the display and playback settings on the Source Stream Information and Player Options tabs and then click Update Preview to test your stream settings in the preview window on the right side of the page. For more information on these settings, see Player Builder configuration settings for Wowza Player.
- Click Get Embed Code.
- Modify the src attribute by replacing latest with the version number in the format of X.Y.ZZ.BBBB, where:
- X is the major version number.
- Y is the minor version number.
- ZZ is the two-digit bug fix version number.
- BBBB is the four-digit build number.
- For example, to specify that you want to use version 1.0.05 (build number 4378), the JS Include embed code should be:
Note: A list of version and build numbers is available in Latest Wowza Player updates.
- After modifying the src attribute, copy and paste the HTML DIV element and Wowza player embed script into your webpage as described in Create a custom Wowza Player with Wowza Player Builder.